Friday, June 03, 2005

Life and love for lack of a better way to put it.

Given a choice, given a chance would you go back and change the past?
Would you go and make one tiny change? Something that would stop the death of another? Even if it meant losing the one you love today? Would you even remember the one you loved today if the past was changed? Or would you have the memories of the one you lost? I was reading Queen of Wands and I read something that hit close to home. I begin to wonder what would happen if we changed the past...

I suppose I'm of the opinion that it's better to have loved and lost to have never loved at all. That it's better to have felt than to have felt nothing at all. And that to have had the chance to have a child is the greatest gift that anyone can possibly have.

I feel the pain of having loved and lost, I hurt for a child who never really got to live, I sorrow for a man who must live with the fact that his own stupidity has killed a child.

I may say that I hate the world but I love more than I hate. Life I find is short and why waste time on hate, on anger, on fear? Why must we fight when life is so fragile? Why must we fight over things that, ultimately, in the end will pass into the ages?

Tis better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all
And I will not go quietly into that good night... I will rage, rage against the dying of the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home