Monday, October 24, 2005

Here I sit...


And here I sit, hoping to raise your spirits. Here I wait with you, waiting for some news. Here I am holding you praying for a miracle. We sit and hope, we sit and pray.
Why can we only feel so helpless in the face of violence and hate? Why can't we protect our family and friends? Why can't we stop those who do us harm? What must we do to live in peace and harmony, to live our lives without hate and anger? This darkness comes close to overwhelming us, yet still we cling to the light which we need. The love we hold for each other keeps us warm from the hate. I want to protect you from all that would harm you, yet what good are fists against the hate of others? Sticks and stones may break our bones but words can break our soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home